The Volunteer Storyteller will work with the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications to profile Reality Changers alumni. This position is a great opportunity for a strong writer who is interested in learning more about marketing, communications, or journalism.
Storytelling is essential to the success of Reality Changers. By profiling current and past participants, we are able to share the impact of our programs and show how Reality Changers makes a difference in people’s lives. Your written profiles will help us to recruit youth participants, recruit volunteers, and raise funds.
Approximate Time Commitment
Estimated: 3-6 hours/week. Volunteer should have flexibility to meet with Reality Changers interview subjects as they are available (might be daytime, evenings, or weekends)
- Coordinate via email and phone with college students and graduates to set up virtual interviews.
- Conduct & transcribe interviews.
- Take or collect high resolution photos of interview subjects. (May need to meet up to take photos.)
- Write short (300 – 700 word) profiles of interview subjects.
- Follow up with interview subjects to clarify information and receive final approval.
- Independent and self motivated. Able to organize multiple on-going communications with different program participants and to problem-solve when participants are not responding.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to make interview subjects feel at ease.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of Reality Changers’ mission and culture.
Benefits to Volunteer
- Gain experience creating real marketing content for a nonprofit organization.
- Learn from the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Meet Reality Changers participants and hear inspiring life stories.
To Learn More or Apply
Contact Associate Director of Marketing & Communications Ally Welborn: firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 516-2223