GO OVER THE EDGE
JULY 17, 2021
CHAllenge yourself, TRANsFORM LIVES
This summer, join Reality Changers for something totally different!
Over the Edge is a one-of-a-kind event where attendees rappel down the side of a high-rise building.
No experience necessary for participants ages 13 to 103. Rapellers will enjoy gorgeous views of sunny San Diego and a life-changing adrenaline rush as they go Over The Edge.
Space is limited and rappel spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to registrants who raise at least $1,000. Funds raised will support first-generation youth on their college journeys.
The Ultimate Socially-Distanced Event
More than 1000 Over The Edge events have been safely held in North America since 2008. Safety measures include: a trained and certified safety staff, social distancing signage and guidance, available face masks, hand sanitizer, and gloves, and gear sanitization between uses. This event will adhere to all local and national COVID-19 regulations. Click here to read more about specific safety precautions.
Resources for Fundraisers
- Fundraiser Toolkit – Anything and everything you need to raise $1,000 or more by July 17th.
- Social Media Assets – Download graphics and sample language that you can use to share your fundraising page on social media.
- Instructions for setting up, using, and editing fundraising pages –
Frequently asked questions
No, but minors must have their waiver signed by a consenting parent or guardian.
Yes, participants must be between 100-300 pounds to safely fit into the harness equipment.
Yes! You will have the opportunity to practice before you go Over the Edge. This training and practice session will help you get used to the harness, rappel device and technique for descending the building!
Yes, when you reach your $1,000 fundraising minimum, we will give you a time period (within an hour) in which your rappel will take place. Fundraisers who raise $3,000 or more can choose their preferred rappel time.
Yes, in order to be able to go Over the Edge you must donate or raise at least $1,000. Your registration fee counts towards that goal.
Fundraising teams are a great way to band together and raise money with your coworkers, organization, or friends! You can create or join a fundraising team when you sign up or reach out to Reality Changers to create one later on. Each member of a fundraising team must register and create their own individual page.
Please note: Individuals who plan to fundraise as part of a team but do not plan on rappelling DO NOT have to meet the $1,000 fundraising minimum. Teams that work together to meet the $1,000 fundraising minimum may nominate one member to rappel.
When you sign up to participate in Over The Edge, you will have the option to register as an individual, join a team, or create a team. Most people will register as an individual. You can create a team if you have other friends that would like to join you or a group that wants to work together to raise funds (for example, a workplace, alumni group, or service organization). You can always create a team later if you decide to get a group together.
Become a Sponsor
This unique and exciting event is sure to attract media coverage and generate buzz! By becoming an Over The Edge sponsor, you can:
- Connect your brand to education and community involvement
- Reach a diverse, engaged audience of 18,000 Reality Changers supporters
- Facilitate staff bonding with team fundraising challenges and rappelling opportunities for employees
- Help local students achieve their college dreams
Contact Dawn Wensel, Director of Development for more information about sponsorship opportunities.
Join our Fundraiser Facebook Group to enter our online contests, like fundraisign BINGO. You can win goodies like restaurant gift cards, gym memberships, and more! You must be logged in to Facebook and registered for Over The Edge in order to request access to this group.
Every dollar you raise helps students and families. Go beyond the $1,000 minimum to earn fabulous prizes and provide more support for Reality Changers programs.
- $1,000 raised – Rappel and T-shirt
- $2,000 raised – Reality Changers Ballcap, rappel, & T-shirt
- $3,000 raised – Reserve your preferred rappel time (first come, first served), ballcap, rappel, & T-shirt
- Highest fundraiser – Additional rappel spot for a friend, reserve your rappel time, ballcap, rappel, & T-shirt