On June 18, 2020 the U.S. Supreme Court issued a decision allowing Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) to continue. We celebrate this, stand in solidarity with you, and recognize the work to support our undocumented community is far from over.
Reality Changers cares about this issue because we care about you and know that legal status for immigrants not only allows access to healthcare and jobs, but also to education. We have put together a list of resources we hope you will find helpful.
DACA Renewal Resources:
- Steps to DACA Renewal: Resource from Immigrants Rising
- Make a DACA Renewal Appt with World Relief Immigration (virtual appts)
- Make a DACA Renewal Appt with CARECEN (virtual appts)
Information & Scholarships:
- VIDEO: The Real Story Behind DACA at the Supreme Court.
- Colibri MX Scholarship: This scholarship aims to promote access to higher education for immigrant students of Latino descent residing in San Diego County.
- Immigrants Rising Scholarship: Scholarships and fellowships available for undocumented students.
Ongoing Community Support:
- Family Preparedness Plan: Available in English, Spanish, and Chinese.
- Immigrants Rising: empowers undocumented young people to achieve educational and career goals through personal, institutional and policy transformation.
- San Diego Rapid Response Network: coalition of human rights and service organizations, attorneys, and community leaders dedicated to aiding immigrants and their families in the San Diego border region.
- Jewish Family Services: tools and talking points to share online.
- Immigrants Rising: A collective of nationally recognized immigrant-serving organizations, lawyers, technologists, and allies dedicated to helping the undocumented immigrant community.
- Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego: Offers free DACA information sessions every Tuesday at 8:00AM at their Chula Vista Office (293 H Street, Chula Vista). Please view their website or call for more information about the workshops and what to bring.
- Immigration Law Help: Resources for free or low-cost nonprofit immigration legal services providers across the U.S.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association: Know your rights handouts
- National Immigration Law Center: offers comprehensive information, FAQs, and resources on immigration issues, including DACA.
- Immigration Legal Resource Center: offers comprehensive information, FAQs, and resources on immigration issues, including DACA.
- Informed Immigrant: Resources for knowing your rights and finding legal help.
- Refugee and Immigrant Rights Center (RAICES): provides affirmative, defensive, and litigation services to low-income immigrants.