HAVE YOU BEEN CHALLENGED?
Answer the call and make a difference!
What is it?
This one-of-a-kind fundraiser is your opportunity to rappel down the side of the iconic Grand Hyatt San Diego hotel! Enjoy gorgeous views of sunny San Diego and a life-changing adrenaline rush -- all while making a difference for local youth.
Anyone who wants to rappel can set up a custom online fundraising page. Raise a minimum of $2,500 for Reality Changers to meet the challenge and secure your rappelling spot. Every dollar raised supports local students working to become first-generation college graduates.
Perks & Benefits
Over the Edge is a great opportunity to show that you and your organization care about education and equity. This event always attracts media and local leaders. And, each CEO Challenge participant will receive the following recognition perks:
- Logo on event signage & website
- Access to VIP area
- Recognition on Reality Changers’ social media & email newsletter
RESOURCES FOR FUNDRAISERS
- Fundraiser Toolkit – Anything and everything you need to raise $2,500 or more
- Social Media Assets – Download graphics that you can use to fundraise on social media.
- Fundraising Webinar – Learn about best practices from Over The Edge Global.
- Instructions for setting up, using, and editing fundraising pages –
You can send a coworker, friend, or Reality Changers student Over The Edge and still participate in the challenge! Offer to match the donations made to your online fundraising page and Reality Changers will work with you to send someone else Over The Edge.
Yes, participants must be between 100-300 pounds to safely fit into the harness equipment.
Yes! You will have the opportunity to practice before you go Over the Edge. This training and practice session will help you get used to the harness, rappel device and technique for descending the building!
Yes, when you reach your $2,500 fundraising minimum, we will give you a time period (within an hour) in which your rappel will take place. Please hold the entire day on your calendar, as it may be difficult to accommodate schedule change requests.
Yes, in order to be able to go Over the Edge you must donate or raise at least $1,000. Our fundraising team provides resources and support to help you reach your goal. And your registration fee counts towards that goal.
Fundraising teams are a great way to band together and raise money with your coworkers, organization, or friends! You can create or join a fundraising team when you sign up. (Or reach out to Reality Changers to create one later on.) Each member of a fundraising team must register and create their own individual page.
When you sign up to participate in Over The Edge, you will have the option to register as an individual, join a team, or create a team. Most people will register as an individual. You can create a team if you have other friends that would like to join you or a group that wants to work together to raise funds (for example, a workplace, alumni group, or service organization). You can always create a team later if you decide to get a group together.
More than 1,000 Over The Edge events have been safely held in North America since 2008. Safety measures include:
- trained and certified staff of industrial ropes experts
- adherence to state and national OHSA laws
- adherence to SPRAT governing procedures
- comprehensive insurance coverage
- site safety plan
- pre- and post-event equipment checks and building inspections
- oversight by a safety advisory board
- participant training and practice